Sip and Steep: Cold Brew at Home
Sip & Steep - Cold Brew Coffee
Cold Brew is a great way to make bold coffee without the use of brewer. All you need is time and a strainable container. Cold Brew has been around for ages, but only over the past few years has it grown in popularity. The brewing process yields a few different benefits: less acidity, more caffeine, bolder flavor, and is simple to make!
Recipe for Overnight Cold Brew:
- 1 Cup Coarse Ground Coffee
- 3 Cups Filtered Water, Cool or Room Temp.
- Milk or Sweeteners (optional)
- Sealable Container (We recommend Mason Jars!)
- Cheese Cloth, Stainless Steel Filter, or Coffee Filters
- Container or Pitcher (for strained coffee)
- Glasses (for serving)
- Pour coffee into a Mason Jar
- Add 3 cups of water, making sure to wet all the grounds
- Stir the grounds to immerse all the coffee
- Let sit for 12-24 hours
- Remove the grounds by straining the mixture over a coffee filter, fine strainer, or cheese cloth.
- Serve over ice with milk and sugar as needed.
Elevate your Cold Brew by adding orange rinds to your coffee grounds in your Mason Jar, pour it over ice cream for a sweet affogato, or make a sweet cream with vanilla extract, condensed milk, & half and half.
Links and Further Reading:
Gessato Cold Brew: gessato.com/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-cold-brewed-coffee/
Chameleon Cold Brew: chameleoncoldbrew.com/blog/cold-brew-vs-iced-coffee-whats-difference